Monday, May 25, 2009

Ready Or Not Here I Come

People, myself included, are an interesting bunch. We are an interesting bunch for several reasons, but especially when it concerns God and spirituality. There is so much evidence of God around us and in our lives and many are willing to acknowledge that, at least to some degree. We are also a people who want God to "show Himself". We all, deep down, want more. We want to see more of who He is and for Him to reveal Himself, but too often we think it or may even say it, but it is more of a challenge than a heartfelt seeking of Him.
I want to issue a "bit" of a challenge to you for this week. For one week, everyday, simply pray the following, "God, I am asking you to show up. I am ready." That is it. We will let God determine how He wishes to show up. Just be willing and wanting God to show Himself to you and to others.
God wants you to see Him. There are many passages that remind us that we will "see" Him or "find" Him when we seek with our whole heart (see Jeremiah for one). Jesus also tells us, "ask and you shall receive." So let's seek Him out with this prayer and let's ask for God to do what He already wants to do.
God wants us to know Him and experience the awesomeness of who He is. So, let's just keep it simple and let Him do what He wants to do. "God, I am asking you to show up. I am ready!"

No comments:

Post a Comment